Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: new from europe (arthritis and vetoryl?) - Ian, Flynn and Enya have passed

Default Re: new from europe

I'm with Addy that makes me so upset that anyone would take advantage of someone who is scared for their dogs health. ppffftttt Ask them for the tracking number..if you paid by paypal, say you will open a dispute, if it is a public forum, let the administrators know in case they are taking everyone for a ride.

Do you have online pharmacy available in the Netherlands that you can get vetroyl or compounded trilostane (same thing) through? compounded is usually cheaper than the name brand, but name brand you know exactly the dosage, trilostane has to be compounded into a different measurement than the name brand is, for instance instead of 10mg vetroyl, you can get 9 or 11 trilostane.

This is definitely worth pursuing with price is a factor.

hugs,
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

You have to be a real low life loser to take advantage of someone trying to save their dogs life. This infuriates me, knowing that you cannot afford this. Did you pay with a check? If so maybe your bank will get involved. You did not need this especially with two dogs having Cushing's. I am just so furious. What are you going to do for Vetoryl? Where did you find out about this person selling this. We surely dont want anyone else to fall victim to this. I am so sorry this happened to you. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

it was a dutch forum, so you don't have te be afraid they could harm you. their dog died from cushing at the age of 16. i finally got a normal answer from them and the vetoryl should be here on friday. if not, i will notice the forum and everything. i do my banking online and i've got their name and banknumber. because vetoryl is so expensive, people do sell the remains of this medicine, when their dogs have died, on the internet. i am always looking for ads like this. most of the time it is about half of the normal price. people tipped me that i can order it in england for 1/3 of the normal price at www.medicanimal.com. you need a recipe from your vet every month. earlier on one recipe was enough and you could order for a long time at once, but that is not allowed anymore. they advise to buy the 120 mg capsules and divide them yourself into the dose you need. it is much cheeper that way. you can buy the empty capsules online. i don't know if anyone has experience in doing so? sounds difficult. the pharmacies overhere say; they don't do the oldfashioned handywork anymore when i asked if the could do the job for me.

I see what you mean where you got it, but I must caution you on something. Dechra the manufacturer told me to never under any circumstances open the capsules. It is bad for the dog and you. You should never come in contact with the drug inside the capsule. It is not even good for dogs to bite the capsule. Also you can never be sure of what amount the dog is getting. you could be putting your health at risk doing this. I know money is tight, but this is really bad. Please contact DiamondBack Pharmacy in the U. S. I think they ship out to other countries, and they are so much cheaper than Vetoryl. That is a possibility. You can contact them online they have a website. I hope you can get this all straightened out and everything goes well. Pleas take care, I am worried for you and your babies. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

NO NO NO! Never open and divide capsules! The contents of the cap contain not only the drug needed but also fillers. It is impossible to divide the contents of the cap and get equal amounts of the drug and filler in each portion - you may have a huge dose of the drug in one part and very little in the other. NEVER divide capsules of any kind...and pass this on to the forum that is telling people to do this. They are taking HUGE risks with the health of all that take the divided capsules.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

yes, thanks for the warning, i already thought so. you may be surprised how many people do this. just like me, they can not afford the vetoryl. some people have a pharmacy that divides the capsules for them. why is it so expensive anyway? because they are the sole manufacturers? i keep looking for a cheaper way to collect vetoryl.

and still no vetoryl arrived from that person. send several mails, but they don't reply to them.

It just seems so cruel that someone would sell you a medicine you need for your dog.... and then just not deliver. How low down can they get! I am so sorry this is happening to you.
    Reneé
    Mom to Tobey, Ichiro & Skeeter. Foster mom for Polar Pug Rescue

“Animals have done us no harm and they have no power of resistance…there is something so very dreadful…in tormenting those who have never harmed us, who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power.”—Cardinal John Henry Newman

thank you, and yes, i would never do that to a person, even being as poor as a churchmouse, [which i -sort of- am] sad.........

Welcome to the forum. I have heard that trilostane is still used on people in Europe, so I'm wondering if it would be cheaper for you to take a prescription from your vet to a people pharmacy.
    Tracey