Thread: Remembering Hamish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Remembering Hamish

Today would have been Hamish's 16th birthday, but I tell him every day how much I miss him. We were so lucky to have him in our lives because he taught us so much, especially to make the most of every opportunity, give 110% but take time to relax and smell the flowers. He took the many changes in his life in his stride - the loss of my Dad, living with us, moving to Canada.

He made so many friends and when we left England they organised a leaving party for him. He had his own Facebook page to keep in touch with them, and tell them about his travels. He visited most of England and Scotland, plus 25 US states, NYC, Chicago, Boston, DC, Detroit, and 4 Canadian provinces, taking hotel and cottage stays in his stride. He particularly enjoyed the elevators, sticking his nose out just as the doors were closing, kissing a lady who asked if he was friendly, and surfing down the corridors on the luggage carts! He seemed to enjoy the night we got stranded on Mull, snoring loudly and leaving us with an inch each on the bed. He was our action dog joining us on snowmobiles, kayaking trips and hikes, and our partner in crime.

We have so many happy memories of our time with him.
    RIP Hamish 7 August 1997 - 1 January 2013

Default Re: Remembering Hamish

Happy 16th Birthday Hamish!!! You are forever loved!
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 08-16-2013 at 11:28 PM.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Happy Birthday Hamish...

Hugs and Belly rubs in heaven .....
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Happy Birthday Hamish!
    Hamish I think had an adventurous soul. Always ready for the next thing to happen. What funny stories you must have.
    He will always be a part of you, no matter how many days and years might pass. This is their gift to us poor humans.

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thank you for the birthday wishes for Hamish. I do feel blessed for the time I had with him, and he certainly made the most of every opportunity. We took loads of photos of him, which we use as the screen savers on our computers, and also lots of video - I'm so pleased that we did as they help us remember him.

Happy Birthday Hamish, you are quite the traveler! peace to you
    Letti and Angel Simba, Meeko too!