Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it normal to feel so much pain? (idiopathic vestibular syndrome)

Default Re: Is it normal to feel so much pain? (idiopathic vestibular syndrome)

One day at a time Meg.
    Sounds like Abby is hanging in there :-)
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Hi Meg:
    I know first hand what you mean about Abby having another episode. I fear that every day with Tipper too. It is a very hard thing to witness. Glad you made it thru the holidays and have Abby with you. Enjoy and love her every moment you can. Happy New Year Meg and Abby. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Last edited by Meg_Elizabeth; 01-16-2014 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Delete

Default Re: Typical Prognosis After Cushings Diagnosis

My first boy, Barkley, wa successfully treated with lysodren for nearly 8 years. He passed at the age of 15 from causes unrelated to his Cushings. My 2nd boy, Harley, who was diagnosed at the age of 13, was successfully treated with lyso, also, for 2 1/2 years, Harley crossed the bridge at 15 1/2 from causes not related to his Cushings.
    Mom to 2 Cushing's angels

Default Re: Typical Prognosis After Cushings Diagnosis

Meg,
    there is no typical. Every case is unique but many pass on from causes unrelated to Cushings.
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Abby was running around the house and barking like a wild animal for a solid six hours tonight so I finally took her for a much-needed walk. I started school again and am living with post concussion migraines so i do the best i can...

It was pretty snowy and windy but she did fine for 20 minutes and then started limping terribly. I carried her home and now I'm afraid she's hurt because of me. Has anything like this happened to you guys?

Meg,
    Might be the cold? Check her paws good to make sure that she didn't cut one on something.
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

I didn't even think of that, thank you!

Im afraid the wind/snow made her sick and weak. I shouldn't have taken her. Ill die if this brings on another vestibular episode.

Ive read that weather conditions can affect our dog's ears and can trigger equilibrium problems and infection.

Hey Meg

How does she seem now?

You doing ok, don't beat yourself up about this, little minx barking at you for that long clearly meant she wanted to get out and about.

Mel
    Xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mel-Tia View Post
    Hey Meg

How does she seem now?

You doing ok, don't beat yourself up about this, little minx barking at you for that long clearly meant she wanted to get out and about.

Mel
    Xxxx
    "Little minx" made me laugh out loud because she is such a little brat sometimes. Im a wreck, but Abby is hanging in there. Shes not sleeping. Shes laying in an uncomfortable position with her eyes open. Thank you for asking.

I try not to come on here and post because I know everyone else has much bigger problems and I know I'm neurotic about Abby (im sorry guys) but tonight scared me to a point where I needed to vent and my parents just don't care or understand. So thank you again.