Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Henry

Default Re: Introducing Henry

Henry is so cute. I can't believe how fast he is growing up! Where does the time go?
    I love the outward doggie carrier. When the puppy legs get too tired on a days outing, what a great idea.

I bet life is very busy for you. When is it not with a puppy around. LOL

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

It's actually hard to believe that it's just over 4 weeks since we brought him home!
    Think I'll have a trip to Walmart to check out the washable pee pads however my concern is that he may confuse it with his bed
    We've tried the xpen with crate a couple of times now and he seems to have this habit of collecting everything (toys, pee pad, water bowl, etc.) and putting them into his crate.

How old is Henry now? When is his birthday? Rosebud was born April 20th. She is a little over 11 weeks. On the 20th, she'll be three months old. She was 10 weeks old when I brought her home. Hugs to you and a belly rub for your cutie pie.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Henry is just over 14 weeks now and his birthday is April 6. He was 10 weeks old when we brought him home, same as with you and Rosebud. It just seems longer - sooooo much longer

I just keep wishing that Hamish was here to show Henry the ropes, although not sure it would have worked that way - Hamish adored people but tended to ignore other dogs.

Hugs to you and Rosebud - she's just so snuggly.

We took Henry to the local car cruise last night so I've posted my new favourite pic of him. He was rather vocal during the raffle - think he was asking for a doggy prize!
    He had a great time - there was a really massive backfire from one of the cars followed by a load of black smoke which he was totally unfazed by.

Love the picture of Henry at the raffle. I bet he had a great time. That is wonderful that lound noises don't seem to bother in. Chalk that one up on the plus side of life. LOL

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Well Henry seems to be following Rosie's lead - we were using Hamish's old travel crate with dog bed on top as a barrier into the study and today Henry managed to jump on top of it, then almost slide off head first into the trash can!!! We had the door open as the cooling / heating isn't great in there, however the door is now closed.
    He can already get onto the small chair we have and he now has the sofa in his sights............

I don't think that Rosie has been giving Henry lessons, but she is quite the escape artist! As soon as you figure out how to stop the jailbreaks, let me know. Hugs to you and a belly rub for Henry.

Henry went for his rabies shot yesterday - we had to go to a different vet to get the vaccine I wanted, and wait ages as they got an emergency in. I'd planned to wait outside for an hour to see that all was OK but the vet was a bit strange so we drove back to our current vet and sat there instead.
    The vet reckoned he needed a fourth DAPP because he had the first at 7.5 weeks (breeder) then second at 10.5 weeks and third at 13.5 weeks. Said he definitely needed one at 16 weeks but I hate the idea of giving him more vaccinations than absolutely necessary, and current vet said it that the first at 7.5 weeks was borderline but should be ok. Arghhh - so now a bit worried and not sure what to do for the best........

My vet does 4 sets of Immunizations as a matter of course. Rosie didn't get her first shot until I had her. That was at 10 weeks. She gets one every 3 weeks. Leptospirosis is part if the combination shot. Rosie is NOT getting that! She is not likely to be exposed to it. There has been more adverse reactions to that than any other vaccine in small dogs. None of my other pups have EVER received that! Without the combo shot with Lepto, the immunizations have to be separately mixed. My vet was great about it. He didn't charge any more.