Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: There's only one Fella

Default Re: There's only one Fella

Hi my little Fella
    You would absolutely hate this weather!!I can just picture you doing your quick pee and poop and then dashing to get back inside to the cool AC.This is day 2 of blocking the surgery from my mind and just trying to remember all the wonderful things I loved about you.You and Kelsey really showed me the meaning of true love.It has been so difficult losing you-mommy is on "happy pills" now and just waiting patiently for them to kick in!.

I keep thinking about the day I found you and it always brings a smile to my face.My poor patients were rescheduled for the next day because I was on the mad hunt to get you!.You had me chasing after you,block after block,leading me into the worst part of the town!I mistakenly thought you were a little sweet doggie who I could scoop up and try to find your owner before you got hit by a car or something dreadful happened.You gave me your best Aggghhhh(which I would come to love)at every turn!I thought"this one isn't gonna be easy".I ran back to my car,blocks and blocks,to get an extra leash I had and I thought for sure I would have lost you by then.But there you were!It seems like just yesterday my baby.I took the retractable leash,made a loop,and lassood you in!

I took you home and gave you a much needed bath and you loved it.For all your toughness,you never once sneered at Kelsey or Buster.You knew you had found a home long before I realized it.I couldn't believe no one claimed you.I searched and searched for someone to adopt you.I did find one person who wanted you but I just didn't think they were "good enough".Looking back,I loved you already and you were destined to be mine.We never even had to name you cuz everyone said what a cute fella you were...so Fella it was!I loved you from the moment I found you.As I grew to love you more,I felt so sad that someone could just dump you.How could they do that to you?You had eyes only for me from the beginning.While I took care of Kelsey,you patiently waited for your turn.You knew she was "special" and needed extra care and you didn't mind being second all those years.It didn't take much to make you happy my boy.You just loved to be part of a family.You loved to snuggle up to Kelsey and you would chase Buster all around the house!I remember ex daddy saying that you just cannot sleep in the bed.He would place you on the chaise-which btw,was sooo comfortable!You would wait a minute till he got back into bed and then jump off and jump back onto the bed.This went back and forth all night till finally daddy said "fine,sleep on the bed"...I remember that exact moment-I looked down at you and grinned cuz I knew you were stubborn and persistent and no matter what,you were getting in that bed to sleep beside your momma!!:.You stayed with me everynight just like that,for the next 10 1/2 yrs....

I miss you being beside me.Romeo looks a lot like you and actually does curl up against me at night to sleep when he is not in his crate.It sounds awful but,this morning when I woke up,all I saw was a white furry little body and for a second,I closed my eyes and dreamed it was you beside me.I don't know that I will ever again experience the connection that we shared.I'm sorry that I never realized it until Kelsey passed.You were young and healthy and very independent and you understood that Kelsey needed alot of extra care.Our relationship took on a whole different meaning the day after we lost Kelsey.I remember so vividly,you coming up to me,on Feb 16,2006,and we stared into each others eyes for what seemed like an eternity.I felt the connection at that very moment with you.We each said a thousand things to one another with that long stare and I think we understood each other.That was the first day of a lifetime of being able to read each other's minds.

Ok,so now I'm sobbing.Fella,if I don't come on here to talk to you everyday,its only cuz I realize that sometimes being here makes me too emotional.But never ever think that when I'm not here that I'm not thinking of you.You are on my mind a thousand times a day.I cry everyday for you.I try to force the tears to stop and make myself think of something really special that we shared together.You were my whole life and its so difficult to go on sometimes without you.I beg you-show me some sort of a sign that you're still close to mommy..anything at all Fella...I love you my little boy.
    Love and kisses to your nose and face
    Mom

Goodnight my beautiful boy.Mommy loves you forever and ever.I hope I dream of you tonight-I need to see your little face again.Love you my little boy.
    Love,
    Mom

Hi Fella
    It's so hard to not think about how you died but I'm really trying Fella.I just forced the sad thoughts to the back of my mind today and tried to remember something fun we shared together.Know what I thought of that made me laugh Fella?When we lived in Maine,you and I slept on the couch all the time because ex daddy said that we "disturbed him" because he had to get up so early.You would sleep up on top of the couch pillow right above my head.You loved that spot.Even now,I can look over and see the little indentation in the pillow where you loved to sleep.Daddy would wake up early and I could hear him whisper to you"Come on Fella,lets go out"-all I heard from you was "aggghhh"...Much too early for my boy to go out and you weren't leaving your momma!.Each time he asked,your "agghhh" would get louder until finally he would give up and say"ok Fella,fine,don't go out"..After he left,we would just cuddle together and I would look at you and swear I saw a smile on your face..I loved that you loved me THAT much and I loved you just as much my little boy.That's why its so difficult sometimes to actually believe that you're no longer here with me.You were my very best friend in the whole wide world.I miss you so very much.You always knew how much I loved you-I hope you never doubted my love for you on your last day.I can't talk about it to you right now Fella but one day I want to tell you just how much I loved you,why I made the decision I did and I hope you understand.That would mean everything to me Fella.I need to know that you died feeling loved by me.

On another note,Grace and Romeo are best of friends-they could play all day and night!Romeo jumps on his back and rides him like a horse-Grace loves it!God Bless him-he's not as smart as you but he is learning.I put pee pads down just in case and he puts his front paws on them and thinks he is doing it correctly.Unfortunately the rest of his body is not on them at all-just the 2 front paws..Poor little guy-gotta give him credit for trying.You would have figured that all out the first time Fella.Well,goodnight my boy.I love you so much.
    Love,
    Mom

Hi Fella
    I just took Grace out for her last walk of the night.It's such a beautiful night-there finally is a cool breeze and I it must be high tide as I could hear the waves crashing.I looked up to the sky and saw the moon and the stars and started thinking about you.It feels like you've been gone for so long.I just can't imagine never seeing you again.I started thinking about how happy I would be to get a sign that you're okay.It made me so sad to realize that I don't even know what that sign could ever be.We never had a special song,except the ones I would make up and sing to you.You never really had a special toy you loved,like Gracie loves her tennis balls.I guess I just have to have faith that you will show yourself in some way that I will know it is you.I know you loved me too much to ever really leave me.Nights are so lonely without you.I guess I am desperate for a sign from you because we never really got to say goodbye to one another at the very end.I need to know that you didn't feel betrayed by me in the end and that you understood why I did what I did.You knew without a doubt I loved you with my whole heart and soul before this happened.There wasn't a day that I didn't hold your little face in my hands and kiss your little nose and say "mommy looooooves Fella".Maybe the only sign I can look forward to is to see you in my dreams.I would love that my little boy.

I can't seem to go upstairs to bed these days.It's just too painful to look to my right and not see you there.I miss you so much.I love you Fella-goodnight my sweet boy.
    Love,
    Mom

Hi Baby
    Grace and Romeo and I went took a quick walk on the beach tonight.It was Romeo's first time and he loved it!He was collecting all the seashells in his mouth and was digging in the sand-he was so cute my little Fella.You used to go crazy on the beach too.Remember in NY,I would let you off your leash and you would sprint off like a marathon runner!You would have your little hind legs bent and just go crazy running all over the place-Romeo does that too and it makes me smile cuz it reminds me of you my little one.

The ocean is the most peaceful place in the world.I look up at the moon,the stars and watch the waves crash.We sat on the sand and I took one of the shells and wrote MOMMY LOVES FELLA in the sand.I feel close to you there for some reason-maybe cuz it feels like a little bit of heaven.I also said a prayer for a doggie named Rudy who had the same surgery as you my little one.

Grace was so sick last night.Romeo looked very concerned and just watched her from the couch.He reminded me so much of you when you watched Kelsey when she was sick.I love you so much my little boy.I hate that you're not here with us.Goodnight my baby.
    Love,
    Mom

Fella,
    Look out for a little boy named Rudy honey.He was brave just like you.I know you will be there for him and share all your favorite places with him.I love you little one.
    Love,
    Mom

xxxxxxxxx (big hugs) xxxxxxxxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

I love you Trish!!!

Sending you and the Three Musketeers tons of love.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Fella
    Still can't believe you're gone.I miss you so much.I don't know why but I cried all day for you today.We walked to the park like you and I used to do and I just kept thinking about our special walks together and how happy you and I were together.I just can't believe you're gone.I wish I could dream about you or see some kind of a sign-it's so silent,I feel like I'll never see any sign of you again and that hurts so much.

Romeo and Grace are at it again.If you were here,you would be curled up against me,watching them play and ready to yell at them if they became too crazy.Now Buster is doing your job-you'd be proud.He is sitting and watching them with his tail twitching back and forth.He has his paw ready to give Romeo a little swipe!.Poor Romeo but he doesn't even realize whats going on-he is too busy playing!

I miss you you so much it hurts.I just keep thinking about how special we were to one another.I love you my little boy.Sweet dreams my Fella.
    Love,
    Mom