Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Candles in honor of our babies at The Bridge

Default Candles in honor of our babies at The Bridge

A small way in which we can honor those we have lost is by lighting a candle in their honor. Gratefulness.org grants us the ability to light candles and compose short messages. We are also given as much time as we want to meditate on why and for whom we are lighting our candles. Candles may also be lit to offer support or gratitude. Each candle will stay lit for 48 hours. Here is the link to the candle lighting site:

http://www.gratefulness.org/light-a-candle/

When you first compose a message for your candle, be sure to include either "K9C" or "k9c" somewhere within the body of your message if you'd like your candle to be "searchable" along with candles lit by other members of our family here.

At any point in the future, if you want to view candles lit by yourself or other members of our family, first click on “View All Candles.” Then type K9C (or k9c) in the search field in the upper right hand side of the candle lighting page.

All candles with messages containing K9C will show. It is then possible to select each candle to read the individual messages.

When you create a candle, one of the prompts asks if the candle will be part of a group. At this point, click on “No.” As long as you’ve included “K9C” in your message, any candles lit by our members will show up together in the K9C search field.

However, please know that it is entirely your decision as to whether or not you want your messages to be read by other members of our family. If you prefer, of course you can always light your candle privately by not including the K9C identification. Please light your candle in whatever manner brings you the greatest comfort.
    Last edited by labblab; 05-16-2023 at 07:48 AM. Reason: To provide new candle link info.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: Candles in honor of our babies at The Bridge

Thanks for the reminder and the URL. I will do that!

Blessings,

MJ

Leslie,

Thanks so very much for the candle site.

I have used it often and the more I view it the more special it becomes to me.

Hugs. Scott

Thank you for this; it is a very nice gesture....there is no "religion" per se for our pets, which I find sad. If I ever go to "Heaven" and none of my pups are there, I want out!

I'll be back to the main site in a week or so...I just need to take a few deep breaths after several days of heartache.

Jeff and Angel Mandy
    Last edited by jrepac; 11-08-2010 at 03:37 PM.

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Take all the time you need Jeff. I will light a candle myself for your girl.

((((hugs))))
    Terry

This is so wonderful, reminds me of the days when my mum and i went to church and lit candles for sick people in our lives .. my candle is burning for my girl Ebonie ..

Thank you so much for the link. I am still so much in pain and missing my lil chuey. I will make me so happy to light a candle for him with the help of my friends from this site. Thank you all for your love and support...

Chuey's mom

an excellent site, thank you

Leslie

What a beautiful site to bring to the forum. xo
    xoxo Cindy & Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt's Mom View Post
    A small way in which we can honor those we have lost is by lighting a candle in their honor. We have a page at Gratefulness.org set up under the name of K9C where we can light candles, plus there is space to write a short message and sign your name with each candle lit if you wish. You are also given as much time as you want to meditate on why and for whom you are lighting your candle. Candles may also be lit to offer support or gratitude. Each candle will stay lit for 48 hours.

Our page can be found at: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...m?l=eng&gi=K9C
    Thanks for offering this page where we can light candles in honor and memory of our beloved pets and Thanks for lighting one for Sugar. She told me that she is happy and not to cry. I am trying. Jean
    Last edited by Sugar; 03-04-2012 at 06:14 PM.