Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My Precious Angel Dakota

Default Re: My Precious Angel Dakota

Oh Tina, I too can relate, and am sending many more hugs and warm thoughts from the west coast to you.
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Sweet Tina, I know how you feel as well. I DO believe with all my being that our babies are together not only with each other but also with all the humans they ever loved who have had to leave. Our circles are never broken, just changed. Those ties that bind are twisted around and thru each other creating a stronger bond than ever. When the time comes that our jobs here are done we will follow those bonds to our loved ones, both four- and two-legged. If I didn't believe this, I don't know that I could take this next breath because there would be no reason for me to do so. It is more than hope for me - it is one of the cornerstones of my Path, my faith if you will, that life goes on and on and on. That the ones we love in this life will be with us in the next and the next and the next...we truly are NEVER parted tho our connections will change. I know in my bones that I will walk with Squirt, with my child, with all whom I have loved again one day. And you will walk with Dakota and Jasper again as well. Til that day, we hold their memories tight, cherishing the gift of love we share, and honoring them with every tear.

You are not alone, dear Tina. Your babies are with you as are we...always.
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

HUGS Tina. Just know that we are here for you whenever you want us. I am sure Dakota and Jasper have found each other and all the others that have gone before from here. I Choose to believe this is true and for me it helps. I simply couldn't bear it to be otherwise.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thank you so much everyone. I admit I am struggling right now and appreciate the kind words so much. The belief that my two precious angels are together and one day we will all be reunited again is all I have to hold onto. Happy Birthday my beautiful Dakota girl. Your brother is there now to spend the day with you. Always in my thoughts and forever in my heart. Love and miss you both to the stars and beyond. xxoo
    The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be. ~ Konrad Lorenz

The beautiful ones you always seem to lose. ~ Prince

And the road goes on forever... ~ Gregg Allman

Happy birthday, Dakota!
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Well Dakota girl, today marks 10 years without you. A decade, I can hardly believe it. It feels like an eternity. All day I have been thinking about the fact that a whole decade of my life has passed since you left, and about all I have been through since then. I've been looking at your pictures, and wondering what you have experienced during all of this time.

Some of the little things about you are getting a bit foggy in my mind. Sometimes I can't really hear the sound of your bark so clearly. Or the sound of your big deep breaths when you were sleeping. I guess some of those things are bound to fade a bit, but it makes me worry and feel sad. I will never forget you, my beautiful shiny black dog. My special girl. Mama loves and misses you. Look after your baby brother, I miss him so. I think about you both every single day Angel. You are always in my heart. xxoo
    The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be. ~ Konrad Lorenz

The beautiful ones you always seem to lose. ~ Prince

And the road goes on forever... ~ Gregg Allman

Hugs, Tina...I am beginning to forget those special little things too. The way Lena sighed when I held her, her gurgling tummy, her sweet scent. It is sad. I try so hard to keep those memories, but they are fading.

Our love for them never does, though.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh Tina, I can hardly see to type through my tears this morning. I had the oddest night, myself. Very restless when I went to bed, and when I roused yet again at midnight, I saw that Luna was gone. Since the day that Peg died, Luna has spent every single night on the fluffy mat at the foot of our bed. Before that, the girls always slept together downstairs. Partly by choice, partly because we blocked them off at the beginning cuz they kept waking us up, but at the end because Peg could no longer climb the stairs. Anyway, I was worried about Luna and went downstairs to find her. She was curled up, asleep, in her old spot on the loveseat (Peg always had the couch). It was weird but she seemed fine, so I went back upstairs but I still fretted through the night. I had the oddest feeling this morning, and was missing Peg so badly. I told hubby the whole story, and without even having to think for a minute, he said, “I bet Luna sensed Peg’s spirit there on the couch and went down to join her again for the night.”

Oh my. So maybe there are signs of comfort and visitation that are hard for us humans to recognize. Maybe our sweet fur babies are trying to give us signs that are hard for us see, especially through our tears. Maybe when we’re missing them the most, they’re actually closest to us. I know your Dakota and my Peg are two brown-eyed peas in a pod. Shiny black dogs, probably joined at the hip now. So maybe they made a deal, and Peg came back to us last evening and Dakota flew back to you. You may not have even known she was there. But I bet she was. Your Velcro dog, back to watch over you while you slept.

They are our angels, Tina.

I know this doesn’t change how much we miss them, though. That part will never change and our tears will probably never end.

But still, I can send you my warmest thoughts and biggest hugs, always in honor of our sweet, sweet girls.
    Marianne

Dear Tina,

Marianne has spoken the truth so eloquently; I simply second her words.

Know you are never alone. Your K9C family is always here for you anytime you need to talk.
    Many hugs, sweet lady,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Sending hugs out to you Tina. Time is not our friend when it comes to our memories, but the memories of the heart. Those last forever and creep up on you when least expected.

Marianne, Maybe Luna was having a heart memory of her own and sought out the comfort of her spot with Peg.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)