Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

Me neither....Lee loved the holidays. The decorating, the cooking, the family gatherings. I guess they all do, but she just seemed to understand it more.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

I'm here, too, guys and sorry I haven't been writing more. But I'm having a bout of positional vertigo (inner ear thing), and it's hard for me to drop my head down and look at a keyboard without getting dizzy . So I'm the one sitting up tall and straight over at the dining room table . I can hear everything you all are saying, tho, and hopefully I'll be back to blabbing again in a day or so.

ooooo get better, Marianne! That has got to be miserable.

Congratulations, Sharlene!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh Yikes Marianne, that sounds horrible. it goes away in a couple days? I hope so!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

It's a fairly common problem where crystals migrate into an area of the ear canal where they shouldn't be and stimulate the nerves. I've had episodes before and the acute phase hasn't lasted too long. But I thought I'd be clever today and try a home treatment to speed things (it involves bending your head different ways to get the crystals to shift), and ended up with the worst vertigo episode I've ever had . I still feel pretty barfy right now, so I may just sit back and leave it to heal on its own again...

My husband had to go to the hospital in an ambulance from work from that once. I could hear him barfing from the minute I walked through the ER doors.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

wow, you could hear when you walked in! That takes puking your gust out to a whole new level.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

He's just a big baby sometimes

Honestly, though, I can really sympathize with him.

During that home treatment yesterday, I had the worst episode ever. I fell back flat on the bed, clutching the sheets for dear life because it truly felt like the bed was pitching sideways and trying to buck me off like a bronco ! I was sooooooooooooooo nauseated afterwards. Fortunately I feel much better today. Still afflicted, but basically functional as long as I keep my head level. So I'm ready to join back in the conversation as folks stop by.

Omg, that is awful marianne. I have this thing about beds trying to buck me off like a bronco. It's a no go and needs to keep it's butt still. Bed are not made for bucking. Well, some of those ones you put a quarter in and they vibrate. Had one of those in a hotel once, stuck the quarter in and thought I was going to throw up. Never again. Oh and remember the old water beds? Some of them you had to hang on to as you tried to crawl in to get to sleep. Oh the 80's those were crazy!

Now what was I talking about again? Oh yea, the vertigo, glad you feel better today and I hope each day is an improvement!