Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

Yes, starting to put out the decorations last weekend brought on lots of tears....Lena just loved Halloween. I would put her orange and black "Boo" t-shirt on (she hated costumes and would never wear one) and we would sit on the stoop waiting for all the trick or treaters. She got more attention than the candy! There would be photo ops with Lee and the kids...the parents loved that. And she just loved sitting in my lap watching it all.

Just thinking about it is making me cry, at my desk, which has become the norm for me. I miss her with all my heart, my precious little angel.

Put a couple of pics in her album....
    Last edited by Joan2517; 10-07-2016 at 10:22 AM. Reason: added pictures to her album
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Squirt wasn't much for Halloween and certainly did NOT care for clothes of any kind for any reason! But oh my she loved kids and when we lived where we had trick-or-treaters come by she acted fierce at first then couldn't wait to get out among them. These holidays are tough but they also bring good memories. And it is nice to have a safe place to come talk.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Molly was not a fan of halloween, or kids ringing the door bell (it's usually too cold to sit outside here). She'd go nuts every time the bell rang and bark her head off.
    But oh thanksgiving, which is on Monday here. That she loved. Everyone over and the cooking and the playing. She was in her element.
    It is christmas that I am dreading. That was Her holiday. I can't even think of it without crying. Not sure how I'll survive that one.
    loved the pictures of Lena on the lawn Joan.
    The store of Peg with her bright orange color. I can just picture it standing out against her sleek black fur. I have the exact replica on my halloween towels.
    I can just see squirt running among the kids and Keesh with his wings.
    Gosh, it's going to be tough to get through the holidays without them.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thanks y'all for joining me here! And Joan, I loved the Halloween pics of Lena. What a little sweetheart!

Well, we're a little bit closer to Halloween now, and I've bought all my candy and finished with all my decorations. We'll be having a couple of good friends over on Halloween night to share dinner with us and to help give out the candy. They love Luna and always loved Peg, so it will be good to have them here with us that evening. They will understand how we're feeling.

Luna has always worn a purple collar on Halloween, alongside Peg with her orange collar. I toyed with the idea of putting the orange collar on Luna this year, but that didn't feel right at all. But last night, hubby made this suggestion. I would not feel like I could tell many people, but I know I can share with you guys. He said, what if we put Peg's collar around her box of ashes, and set it in a special place that just the two of us will know about that night. A lot of people would probably think that was totally weird but I already feel comforted when I picture doing that. I'm giving Hubby an A+ on that idea!

So Peglet will still be joining in with us at least in that way. Missing her so much, though, each day the holiday gets closer...

I think that's a lovely idea, Marianne. I bought Sibbie her own costume, I just can't put Lena's Boo shirt on her...it would just make me cry more than I think I will.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

awww what a great idea, Marianne! I think that A+ is well deserved!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I teared up reading that, Marianne. What a wonderful idea that your hubby had, yep a A+ for sure.

I totally understand. Addy was thinking about giving Koko Zoe's bowl, then realized that she still needed it. This holds true with Peg's Orange Halloween collar. It is obvious that she still needs it. Luna has her very own purple collar, which is perfect for her.
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 10-14-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks so much, guys. And Joan, I really hope you'll take a picture of Sibbie on her first Halloween and post it for us all to see! I'll be looking for it.

I will...actually she has two. My grandsons couldn't agree on the same one, so we bought two!