Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

Thank you Marianne, what a kind, thoughtful thing to do.

Last year my mother had fallen and broken her pevic in two places and we did not think she would recover. Most people her age do not. I was out looking for nursing homes. It was quite a feat to bring her home last year for Thanksgiving, she could not walk by herself or get in and out of a car.

This year, she walks with a walker just fine and can walk in and out of my house without a ramp and get in and out of my car.

We plan on having a joyous Thanksgiving with her and Zoe and Koko. The kids are stopping by for appetizers and their Papa's famous Bloody Marys sans liquor

I am so thankful my mom and Zoe are still here. I feel truly blessed.

I will say a shout out to my dad in heaven. I believe he does a great job watching over us and has some good pull with God I miss him very much even though he has been gone for 12 years. But his presence is always with me, steering me to the right path.

Thank you Dad, for still being there for me.
    Last edited by addy; 11-20-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Today is Koda's birthday..he would have been 7 Dec 19. Today.
    It has been a hard journey the past 5 months,but I got through it.I still shed a tear at the thought that he is gone, but I can say that I KNOW his little soul is up there watching ,running and playing.We have since found so many countless memories of him on old camera films and memory cards that make us laugh and smile at the good times we had.
    I have taken in a little white shih tzu with poor back legs...like koda minus the cushings..he needed a home when we were grieving so I asked my Koda angel if he would like me to help this dog.I knew he would want me to. His name is Casper and he is very much his own dog. Koda was my first shih tzu type and he was so wonderful, it is an honour to have another.
    At first I felt terribly guilty, but that is to be expected. He does not take Kodas spot, as NO dog ever can, but he is a welcome smile to a house of cats..lol.
    I also have fostered a stray cat that came to me the day Koda died.
    There were 2 of them that came that awful day and I started feeding them.I rehomed one and now took in the other with the help of a rescue, will get him a forever home.
    Koda taught me to love unconditionally...(knew I would start crying)
    I gave him all the care and love that I never thought possible,and he has taught me so much about inner strength.Even at the end, he was so stoic and tough about his illness and never showed it.
    Koda boy..happy bithday in heaven.I wish you were here with me in body but I know your spirit is here.
    Miss that dog sooo much.

Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Koda!!!

Birthdays, like holidays, are times when our precious memories should always be celebrated -- even through our tears. So thank you so much for telling us that this is Koda's special day!

I know he is so glad that you have opened your heart to these new babies. As you say, he is not being replaced in any way. But I believe that love is a circle that remains unbroken. So Koda is joining you in passing his love on to these new little ones. And so the bond among you all grows even stronger.

I am so glad that you posted this note. I wish Spirit Koda the happiest of birthdays, and I wish you and your whole family a holiday season filled with love.

Sending many hugs,
    Marianne

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Big Happy Birthday to your sweet angel Koda. I know he is watching over you and I think maybe Koda had something to do with you meeting Casper.

I am glad to read that you are able to smile at the memories you and Koda have - and these memories will stay alive for an eternity. And it is okay to have tears in your eyes as well.

((((hugs))))
    Terry

Awww, Happy Birthday to Koda. Just think, he gave you a special gift, he gave you Casper to ease the pain and to show you laughter would again be possible. Koda led the way and the journey now is yours to make with Casper and the others who will come in and out of your life. I am sure that his playful loving spirit is always with you.

hugs,
    Sharlene
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Yes this is a very hard time for me - when I got out the Christmas decorations and found Casey's stocking, then hanging the ornaments on the tree and finding hers the tears started flowing..... 15 Christmases with her and now she is gone.

Last year after Christmas I bought two dog ornaments with angels wings for my tree, one for Casey and one for Desi. Dear Casey passed away a month later but now her angel hangs on my tree.

Hugs to everyone else who is going through the same sadness. Luckily I am babysitting 4 dogs over the holidays as well as having Desi and Oreo so the house will be full of wagging tails Christmas morning.
    Ellen, Sweet Angel Casey, Desi and Oreo

Oh Ellen, I can imagine how bittersweet it is for you to see Casey's little angel on your tree. We have little photo ornaments so there is a picture of every one of our furbabies on our tree -- even my beloved kitties from way back when I was a little girl. It is kind of a wall of memories that hurts and comforts all at the same time.

I know all those wagging tails will be filing your house tomorrow morning. But there will also be one wagging tail that you will be missing so much. I will be thinking of you and Casey's little angel when I look at the photos of my own dear spirits.

Sending many hugs across the miles on this Christmas Eve,
    Marianne

I just want to remind you all of our special candle-lighting site:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...m?l=eng&gi=K9C

We can fill the page with our lighted candles, and even though our eyes may be filled with tears, our hearts will be filled with our love that burns so brightly. Just like a beacon in the night. Just like the flames from our candles.

I wish a blessed Christmas to all ~
    Marianne

i did go to this site and it gave me peace.thank you xoxox patty

I lit a candle there for my Kodas memory. I too, found a box from last Christmas labled "to Koda Love Mom and Dad. It was the Boston Bruins coat that we had gotten him last year for Xmas and saved the box.
    It was very sad.I also pulled out his ShihTzu dog ornament for the tree and put it beside another angel that was my daughter\s from her grave.
    Koda is definitely with her...I know she would have loved animals as I do. Her name was Nicole and she was my first baby, born Dec 31,1991.
    She died of SIDS a month later while we were napping..Next to her death, Koda's was the hardest...
    Rest in peace my angels...I will see you again.
    Hope you all at this site,had a merry Christmas. It is hard on the holidays, but we have to count the blessings that we still have.
    Thanks for all the hugs and support here, it means ALOT.
    Theresa.