Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

My husband had to go to the hospital in an ambulance from work from that once. I could hear him barfing from the minute I walked through the ER doors.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Doree, Gable, Cooper, Angel Phoenix and now Sibble.

wow, you could hear when you walked in! That takes puking your gust out to a whole new level.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

He's just a big baby sometimes

Honestly, though, I can really sympathize with him.

During that home treatment yesterday, I had the worst episode ever. I fell back flat on the bed, clutching the sheets for dear life because it truly felt like the bed was pitching sideways and trying to buck me off like a bronco ! I was sooooooooooooooo nauseated afterwards. Fortunately I feel much better today. Still afflicted, but basically functional as long as I keep my head level. So I'm ready to join back in the conversation as folks stop by.

Omg, that is awful marianne. I have this thing about beds trying to buck me off like a bronco. It's a no go and needs to keep it's butt still. Bed are not made for bucking. Well, some of those ones you put a quarter in and they vibrate. Had one of those in a hotel once, stuck the quarter in and thought I was going to throw up. Never again. Oh and remember the old water beds? Some of them you had to hang on to as you tried to crawl in to get to sleep. Oh the 80's those were crazy!

Now what was I talking about again? Oh yea, the vertigo, glad you feel better today and I hope each day is an improvement!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

We were absolutely dreading the holidays without Whiskey, he was such a HUGE part of all the festivities. We agreed that we weren't going to decorate for Christmas this year, but I think we will now. Tex will never ever replace him, but we are happy to have a pup here with us again. I will always be "Whiskey's Mom", my first pup, with us through so much. He is still the screen saver on my phone,, and so many other things.
    Marianne, I'm so sorry, I had that after a car accident-went to get out of bed a few days later & fell right over! Hope you're on the mend & able to be vertical soon!
    Sharlene, you are too funny-congrats on the new Baby Girl! Shop til you drop!

Annie, it's so great to see you back again -- and especially to hear about Tex!!! It warms my heart to wake up on this Halloween morning and to read about your new addition to the family. Nothing will change or diminish Whiskey's special spot in your heart, or the amount that you miss him. But it can mean so much to have new life around you once again, and especially on a holiday.

Just like last year, Peg's box will be adorned with her orange Halloween collar. And Luna will be proudly wearing her purple collar. We're having the same friends over for dinner and to hand out candy. So it'll be the same bittersweet experience, but hopefully perhaps a bit more sweet than bitter this time around. I'll never, ever forget my shiny black Halloween girl, though. Always in my mind's eye and always in my heart.

Happy Halloween, my sweetie Peg.

Hi everybody. Well, here we are, heading into Thanksgiving week here in the U.S. Back from the store with my first batch of groceries, and settling down to relax with Luna at my feet. Iím so grateful to have her with me, she is such a sweet little thing. Still missing my big girl, though, just like every day. I truly donít think a single day passes that I donít see Peg in my mindís eye and wish so much that it was for real.

Yet and still, I am grateful for those who remain near and dear to me. We will have a small celebration here at our house on Thursday ó hubby, my mom, a cousin, and of course Luna. Iíll cook our family favorites and it should be very cozy and pretty easy-peasy. But also filled with memories of earlier times and loved ones gone. A mixed blessing, but still a blessing for sure.

Please do feel free to stop by, anyone who wishes to, as the week unfolds. In the meantime, I send my warm wishes to all.

Marianne

Oh how I know, Marianne. Same here. Looking forward to it a little. My mom has Alzheimers and won't remember or know anything. But my sister, one of my brothers and my kids, grand-kids will be here and I am so thankful for that. My son, who is HIV+ for 7 years now, and my grandson Josh, who has Chronic Granulomatous Disease are still alive.

My precious, Lee will be forever in my heart and thoughts. This will be Sibbie's second Thanksgiving and I think now that she's older, will have such a good time!

I wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Love to all,
    Joan

This will be our first "big" holiday without Whiskey, he will be so badly missed. Last Thanksgiving, he was still a hungry boy and held his spot right by the buffet table, to help keep the floor clean , and of course under the dinner table also. Such a sweet presence will be missed forever, but I am grateful for the many blessings we have.
    Warm wishes to all of you,
    Annie