Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Marianne

Default For Marianne:

Hello again, my sweet friend!

I thought it might be easier to start a new thread. It took me forever to get on the board...I had forgotten my user name and couldn't read the stupid Captcha's....LOL....getting old, I guess.

Anyhoo....can you believe it is another of our "10ths." ? Where does the time go? I hope this one finds you and yours well and happy. How is our Miss Peg and little Luna? I so hope they are doing well.

The girls and I are doing pretty well. I never realized how difficult it would be to start a whole new life at my age, but we are plugging along. It has been lonely, but I have my Jolly and Annabel to keep me going. They are healthy and happy, and that is the most important thing to me. I did make a new friend this year, and that has helped. I have some wonderful friends here now.

I'll bet Maggie and Barkis are running and playing and looking down on us today and remembering their lives with us with as much love as we will always feel for them. They live on in our hearts, forever.

I hope you stop in today to see this message and know that we are thinking of you and your sweet boy, as always.

Take care, dear friend....

Love and hugs,
    Jeanie

Default Re: For Marianne:

Oh Jeanie, thank you so much for your sweet note! I can't tell you how much it means to me that you always remember and are always here for me and for Barkis. Omigoodness, I cannot believe that it is now eight years for Barkis and me, and it will soon be nine for you and sweet Maggie! Some days it all seems like such a long time ago, and other days it seems like it was only yesterday. So many memories...

I am so glad to hear that you and the girls are doing well. I surely do understand the challenges of forging new chapters in our lives. Some changes are welcome, some changes are not. Knock on wood, both Peg and Luna are doing good. Peg's seizures remain well-controlled, and she hasn't had any more pancreatitis since last summer. And thank goodness, Luna's limp seems to have disappeared. So I feel very blessed and very lucky right now.

Thank you again for thinking of us today on "our" day. Your messages are always such special gifts.

Sending many hugs to you and the girls.
    And always in loving memory of Barkis and sweet Maggie ~
    Marianne

Default To Marianne

Hello my friend!

Once again, as I do two times every year, I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face and thinking about your Barkis and my Maggie. Can it possible be that another year has passed?

I hope you and your girls are doing well. I believe you were having some problems before. I hope everything is better now. Life can be so hard sometimes.

I seem to have lost too many Westie friends this year, and each one takes another piece of my already broken heart. I just lost an especially special one yesterday. She was almost 17, but still....it is never long enough. So, I apologize for being overly melancholy today.

But, I sure didn't want to let this day go by and not tell you that we are thinking of you and sending our love....always.....

Love and hugs,
    Jeanie

Default Re: To Marianne

Oh Jeanie, thank you so much for your sweet note. It does seem impossible that another year has already passed by. I know this December will mark a major milestone for you and Maggie. And yet, in so many ways, it still seems like only yesterday, doesn't it?

The losses are so hard, but I guess an inevitable part of our lives as the years pass by. I am grateful for all the years that we DID have together. And I am so very grateful for all the love and support that we share here as a family.

Sending you my best wishes, too, my friend! And sending my thanks and love to you and the girls.
    Marianne

Default Marianne

Hello my friend! I haven't been here for a long time, and can't find the thread where we usually "talk"...so I started this one. I hope that is ok. Well another year has passed for you, and I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about your and your sweet Barkis.

Take care....

Love and hugs,
    Jeanie

Dear Jeanie,

Thank you so much, as always! Of course it was fine to start a new thread because I easily saw it, and I could "merge" it myself with no problem at all.

Our little tradition is such a special one, and I so appreciate knowing that you are thinking of us again this year. The seasons do fly by so quickly now and there are so many changes in our lives. It is a comfort to know that our friendship and our sweet memories remain unchanged.

I will see you in December, Jeanie. Until then, take good care, my friend.

Love, Marianne

Dearest Marianne....I posted today on the other thread, where we "talk". I think it is to Jeanie and Maggie. I was afraid you wouldn't see it...so thought I would post here....

Love,
    Jeanie

Oh Jeanie, I am here right now, and I do also see your reply on "our" other thread.

Thank you so much, and I will be back in just a little while to add a lengthier note over there. It is so good to see you, my friend!

My dear friend...

Here we are again...another "10th". As the years go by, I get more and more afraid to ask how you are doing. I know that your girls are getting older, as is my Annabel.

I did post last December, after your message. I haven't seen many posts from you...and hope that everything is ok.

Annabel and I have left the lake house and are now living in Greenwood, IN. I am renting half of a paired patio home, until I can decide what to do. We like it, and it is very convenient, but also very different. I can no longer maintain the lake house, either physically or financially.

As much as I loved it, it is too hard to maintain and too full of sad memories. The anniversary of losing Paula was in June and the anniversary of losing my Jolly is coming up in October. I am reliving that nightmare every day through memories posted on Facebook a year ago. It just about kills me to relive them, but maybe I will learn something, as I still don't understand why my Jolly had to die...I still don't really know what was wrong with her.

Ok...enough about me....we are remembering your sweet boy today, and will light an extra candle for him tonight. I hope he and my girls at the "bridge" all go out for a beer tonight.

Take care, dear friend.

Love and hugs,
    Jeanie

My dear Jeanie, thank you so much for remembering us today, and I must sadly tell you that another one of our angels has now joined the others at the Bridge -- my sweetie Peg left us on June 13th. She would have been twelve in September, but her hip dysplasia and other orthopedic issues had worsened to the point that she could no longer walk, so we felt we had no choice but to release her. Our sweet "baby" Luna is now doing her very best to heal our broken hearts, but today is especially bittersweet. I try to comfort myself by thinking of Barkis and Peg together now, amidst all the other angels. But I do miss them both dearly, and always will. I know you understand only too well.

I'm very sorry you had to give up the lake house, but I surely understand why it became necessary. But I'm so glad you still have Annabel by your side, just as I have my Luna.

Thank you again, so much, for returning to us today. The sky will be bright with our candles tonight, my friend. I am thankful for our sweet memories.

Sending much love,
    Marianne