Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wally P. Dogge 09/27/1999-03/15/2011

Default Re: Wally P. Dogge 09/27/1999-03/15/2011

Just checking in on the 6 month anniversary of Wally's passing. In 2 weeks, he would of been 12. I miss him dearly, but I do hold him tightly in my heart as I promised him I would.

Marge

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Marge,

I am so very glad you have checked in - it is good to hear from you. I know it will take some time and I hope you are doing okay and that at times you may find yourself smiling at one of the memories of your sweet boy. Please continue to check in.

My continued (((((hugs)))))
    Terry

Marge, and as you are holding WP, I am holding you and all of my dearly passed and all of those I have had the privilege to come to know here.

May we all be blessed.

Scott

Greetings All:

Just checking in.

Tomorrow will mark the 10 months since Wally passed to the bridge. We made it through the holidays and remembered him with his song (Jim Brickman's "Coming Home for Christmas"). This year Wally did go home for Christmas.

I hold Fritz tighter each and every day and live it like it would be our last. Next month will be difficult because it is the month where Wally's problems surfaced and Lady had a horrific nose bleed which signaled her nose cancer. I hate Valentine's Day because it hold these bad memories. I still cherish the good ones more.

I find the way that I explain Wally's passing growing shorter over time. I don't take out the ultra sound pictures to everyone that I explain it to. I just say he passed of dual adrenal tumors invading his vena cava or in other words a blocked heart.

Wally is still at the foremost part of my thoughts, but the pain of that day has dulled.

My way of healing was to purchase little pieces of art from an Art-o-Mat machine. It helped significantly. However, what has helped more was to pass them on to somebody that was having a bad day or need some healing. Today, I passed on one of the last pieces that I have. I gave it to a wife of a co-worker that just died. I hope it helps her like it had helped me.

Is there a new puppy in our lives? No. We have Fritz and he has really stepped up and became a different dog since Wally passed. Fritz has really no interest in sharing his big bed with another puppy. My sister brought over one of her dogs for a visit on Christmas. He did not know how to react when her dog snapped at Fritz for passing by the bone she was chewing.

I still think of all of you and pray that my message reaches you in good health and the your cushpups are stable and well.

Marge

Oh Marge,

Thank you for checking in - I was wondering how you were doing. I know these anniversaries can be really hard and are marked by sadness as the specific memories resurfaces at these holidays. Over time I surely hope you have been able to smile just a bit.

What a wonderful idea - we have one of those Art-o-Mat machines in our local art gallery too and I am sure those you have given them to will cherish these little tokens of your love and very big heart.

Always in Loving Memory of your sweetie pies - Wally and Lady. Give Fritz big smoochies from me and stay in touch.
    Terry

Dear Marge,

I, too, thank you so much for writing and reconnecting with us once again. Stories of each and every healing journey are important and meaningful to us all. It is the fabric that binds us in our collective memories and friendship. Above all, it allows us to join in honoring the lives and spirits of our precious companions.

I am doubly grateful for your post because I had never heard of an Art-o-Mat machine, and I've discovered that there is one not all that far from me, too!!!!! What a neat thing! And what a sweet gesture on your part -- to pass the healing along.

We will be here in February, too, if you should choose to write. The anniversaries are indeed so hard. I hope that having some company may help to lighten the burden a bit.

Sending many hugs,
    Marianne

Hi Marge,

I hope this Valentine's Day brings you nothing but cause for laughter, joy, and happy memories.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hello Friends:

Today marks the anniversary of what was the beginning of the end of Wally's physical journey here on Earth. It was one year ago that we found a huge tumor on what appeared to be attached to his liver. Little did we know what the US revealed the next day and what Wally had already figured out already.

Those three days seem like such a blur now. The pain that I felt is much duller today than it was a year ago. I can think straight today and know that we did all that we could for Wally. I miss him terribly and probably always will. He creeps into my dreams and it is like he is still with me.

This week we focus on the positive. I am thankful that Fritz is with us and that my little puppy will be a teenager on Saturday. Last year, it was not much of a party for his birthday around here. I need to make up for it this year. Lots of corn beef and birthday cake for Fritz.

Puppy, you may ask? Not yet. Fritz is keeping me busy.

Please hug your puppies tightly tonight in memory of Wally. He sure would of liked that and a belly rub too....

Marge and Fritz

(((hugs))) Marge. I know little Wally is watching over you and Fritz.

I will always remember your Wally.
    Terry

Hello All:

Fritz and Wally were like brothers, so I am sure Wally wouldn't mind me remembering Fritz here. It has been 10 months since his passing. Not a day goes by without my thinking of him and I can't tell you how many times Chewy has been called Fritz. I loved Fritz and still do. Chewy hasn't filled that hole in my heart but my heart has stretched to find room for Chewy.

Missing my Fritz and remembering him today.
    Marge