Page 199 of 201 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2006

Thread: Bailey and Friends

Default Re: Bailey and Friends

Hi Susan,
    Stopped by and here you are! I'm glad to hear Bob is doing well but poor little Miss Bailey! That's a long time to keep her quiet.
    Sorry to hear you have been in PT too! Need to get the pink bubble wrap out.

I'm also glad to hear Ellen and Ryan will be home for Thanksgiving, hard to believe it is right around the corner.

We are all hanging in there. Mom passed away about two months ago. I'm still going through a process but it is improving.

Koko is fine and hubby is too. We still love our condo but we do miss our pool.

Kate is working in Chicago and just found an apartment in an area she is so excited about. We will go to visit next month. She said there are many restaurants that welcome dogs so Koko can go as well.

I'm still working and will retire next year. Can't believe I have been at the same job for 31 years, yikes!

Well, that's about all my news. Give Bailey smooches for me.

Hugs,
    Addy
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Hello Sharlene!

Bradenton is only about 1/2 hour north of our condo in Sarasota. You must let me know if you are in the area!!! We will be going down around the 27th of December and will be there until mid May. I'm really looking forward to getting back there. Fortunately we have not been harmed any by the hurricanes, thus far.

Happy Halloween!!

Love,
    Sus
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

Hello Marianne and thanks for checking in. I'm sorry I'm taking so long to check back in. Doggie sitting has made a slug out of me. Bailey is still on restrictions.....until October 16th. At least we can now take her for short walks. The doc says she is further along in her healing than he would expect. She has been very good about being restricted. We only caught her twice trying to sneak upstairs instead of being carried upstairs. Bob is really paranoid that she'll tear the ligament and need surgery again. She has these pins in her leg. holding the metal sheet in there that look to be about two inches long. YIKES! I asked to see the x-ray-I think maybe I should not have asked to see that.

I'll try to remember to check back in at holiday time.

Love,
    Susan
    -C. S. Lewis

Hellloooooooooooooo Addy!!
    I am so sorry to hear about your Mom passing, but you sure made her last year's much more pleasant for her. I know how hard this must be for you.

31 years-and you're really retiring? Hooray!!! Maybe you can come down to BBeach or FL for a visit? I won't even make you stay in the "basement." (I wonder how Carol is?)

Bob & I are going to NYC for a short week right before Christmas. We are going to see a couple of shows, do some sightseeing and take in all the decorations. This is a year when Ellen & Ryan will be in Colorado. They invited us to come out there, but the logistics just don't work. When we talked it all through they could understand. We said we'd come out in the summer one year, not during a holiday and we could all visit.

I'm planning on taking art lessons again in FL this winter. I hope to have some sketches started before I get there. I've done some penguins and one of a bird on a railing.

I'm glad you are happy with your condo. I can't remember-has your hubby retired yet?

Happy fall....happy Halloween! Please stay in touch.

Love,
    Sus
    -C. S. Lewis

Hi Susan!

Awww, poor Bailey still on restriction. Better safe than sorry though.

I've let you know if we get down to Florida. Thank goodness that hurricane missed you. My friends place got a bit of water in at the door, but not too bad, might need to replace some carpet. Ground floor condo woes. Still it could have been worse, so glad it wasn't.

Oh NYC will be lovely around Christmas. We were there in June and had a fabulous time, I imagine that Christmas will be magical!

HUGS
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hello and is anybody home who still remembers me??????
    At least I'm checking back in in less than one year-although maybe I should not point that out.
    First things first-I met someone today who has an adorable Westie and I told her I would email her the link to this site. Her name is Jackie. Her Westie is 12 years old and has lost his sight and she has paid boatloads of money in the past year alone for treatments/medicine. I told her of you guys and told her I would not have survived the process without all of you. When I finish here, I will email her the link. I just wanted to give her a personal introduction so you could keep an eye out for her. She's pretty stressed out. [okay-took care of that]

Now for an update. We all are very fine. No falls. No accidents. No torn ligaments. Our next door neighbor almost ran down Bailey yesterday evening but did not, thankfully. We live on a cul-de-sac and she was going WAY too fast. It didn't help that Bailey saw her car and went out into the street. Arghhh.

We are leaving in two weeks for a mini-trip to Colorado. We will stay with Ellen's family for 3 nights-then we will travel 1 hour or so east and stay with my best ever friend/Ryan's Godmother and her husband for 3 nights. We've not seen them since 1992. WAaAAY too long. Ryan and Ellen go out a day before us and return a couple of days after us. Really starting to get excited about going now.

Then at the end of October Bob and I have planned a trip to the Grand Canyon-staying in Sedona for one week. I've seen the Grand Canyon where they have that u-shaped lucite ledge where you can walk out over the canyon. I want to see the southern rim of the canyon. I'm told there is a marked difference, color wise. Then this is one of the years when Ellen and Ryan will be here for Christmas. Very much looking forward to that.

I'll go post a couple of recent pictures. The 4 of us went to a NAts baseball game ten days ago. Ryan gave us tickets for my birthday which included snacks and at the end of the game, a stroll around the bases for seniors. Bob & I definitely qualify so we had great fun strolling the bases, getting our pictures taken with "The Presidents."

Hugs and best wishes to all who are still hangin' around!!
    _Susan
    -C. S. Lewis

Oh Susan, of course we remember you and we are so glad to hear from you!! Thanks for referring Jackie to us and we'll be keeping an eye out for her.

One of these days I would love to see the Grand Canyon, the pictures I've seen on TV of it are just beautiful, have yourselves a grand time!!

Hugs, Lori

Hi Susan, and thanks for checking in and for posting your new pics!!! I hope you have a great time on all your travels, that’s for sure. I’m afraid it does seem as though we’ve lost track of some of our dear familiar “regulars,” and that’s what makes it doubly special to hear back from you. So many memories and so many experiences we’ve shared. I’m so glad to hear from you. My own little family is holding its own. I can’t believe that our “baby” Luna will be turning ten later this month. Where oh where does the time go??? Please give Bailey a big hug from our K9C family, and of course we send our best wishes to you, Bob, and the kids :-).

Marianne

Great to hear from you Lori and Marianne! I neglected to mention that Bailey is now 7. Seven!! 7.5 to be more exact. So hard to believe, as you said, Marianne. From time to time I think ahead to what will I do "next time." I turned 70 this year. I think Bob is pretty adamant about this being our last dog. I started thinking maybe a little kitten would be an idea. (I don't really care for cats that much.) Then a few days ago I saw a bunch of videos on Facebook about cats and what they do when they're home alone. YIKES!!!!! That kind of took care of that option for me. So, I'll enjoy what I have while I have it. Maybe I"ll get one of those stuffed cats that breathes in and out......have you seen them? They look surprisingly real. I guess that wouldn't fool me for very long, though. (just kidding.)
    Hugs.
    Susan
    -C. S. Lewis

I know only too well how much the “aging issue” can enter into things...

Hubby is already advocating for another Lab puppy, but honestly we are probably too old to be envisioning a puppy of any sort, let alone a big sporting dog! Been there, done that three times now, and although I wouldn’t trade the experiences for the world, I just don’t think I have the energy left in me to do it again. Much more reasonable to me is to adopt an adult rescue, and maybe even somebody small enough for me to pick up and carry this time around. But we’ll see what the future holds. Ya just never know!!!