Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bailey's Story

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Re: Bailey's Story

Dearest Bethy,

Thank you so much for letting us all feel a part of your beautiful life with Bailey. He truly is your soul doggie.

I gotta tell you having read this makes all the things in life seem so much sweeter by the deep relationships like you two have.

My continued ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
    Terry

Beth, I found and read your tribute last night a few minutes after you had written it. I could only think of one word at the time...and that was "WOW!!!!!!" I figured I'd wait a while before replying -- that hopefully something more eloquent might come to mind. But upon re-reading your tribute this morning, I'm still left with that single, gigantic "WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" What a beautiful, beautiful story. One fit to warm all of our hearts and to keep Bailey's memory forever alive. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am so sorry for your pain, and at a loss for anything helpful to say. You have counseled so many of us through our own grief and loss. If only there was some way I could return that gift to you. You have experienced and survived so much hardship during these past months. I don't know how you have shouldered it all. But your strength has carried you through all the pain. I know you will survive this, too. It will take time to feel any relief. But you will come out the other side, and find a way to carry on. For Robert, for Pallie, for Allo -- for all of us who care for you so deeply.

In the meantime, I can find no words of my own to ease your pain. But I encourage you to please keep writing to us, Beth -- day or night. I do believe it will be your own words and your own special memories that will finally start to cleanse the wound. So we are here to listen and to see and to remember right along with you. It will be our privilege to remain right by your side, every step of the way.

In loving memory of Bad Boy Bailey (and of course, Scooter, his partner-in-crime...who can imagine what mischief they are up to this morning????),
    Marianne

Echoes in My Heart......For Bailey

Is it you standing there,
    or echoes in my heart?
    Have you left or have you come,
    are we really now apart?

You came to me on a crisp fall day,
    and everything was new.
    You left in the cold night air,
    when everything lost its hue.

Is it you playing near,
    or is it just a dream?
    My soul is lost I fear,
    or is it how it seems?

I loved you so,
    without a doubt,
    and only you do know,
    what our love and life was really all about.

Is it you on my lap
    with eyes so brown and deep?
    Or is it love so lost I feel
    as I do gently weep?

In your eyes I found my place
    always safe and sound.
    In your sweet and loving face
    my center was always found.

Is it you lying there,
    in the warm soft sun?
    Is it you in the scented air,
    when the day is done?

Is it you, my precious boy,
    or are we really apart?
    I ask again if it’s you,
    or just the echoes in my heart?

I miss you so....Mommy
    Basset hounds are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

He is still here, only his physical presence is gone.
    Virginia, Angel Maggie, Benny, and Cailey

Happiness is an inside job

my sincere condolences. thank you for sharing the story. i think writing about and remembering good memories is a good way to help begin the healing process. i wish you much peace.
    bettina & angel niko

Beth, your poem to Bailey brings tears to my eyes and such a wish that I could reach out and hug you. Losing Bailey's physical "self" -- the touch and smell and look of him -- must feel impossible to bear, especially during these first hours. Like Virginia, I do believe that his spirit was released on Friday. And that the force of his spirit will remain with you always.

But how to make it through each new day while aching from the physical separation...? It must have been so hard to head back to work this morning. But on the other hand, perhaps it helps to have a little distraction? Just a moment or two when your mind and heart can forget the pain? Or maybe not. Maybe it is all still too fresh and there is no escape at all right now.

Either way, please let us know how today has been going for you. I can only imagine how hard it will be to return home tonight without your Bailey there to greet you. But I pray that Spirit Bailey will somehow be able to make you aware of his presence in your heart, tonight and every night forever.

Marianne

You're poem is absolutely beautiful and so meaningful. You really captured very precious memories.
    Love and hugs,

Terri and (Angel) Corky

My dear friend, you said it just perfectly, so beautifully, so completely. I know Bailey and Scooter both are so very proud of their mom for her courage, strength, and never-ending ability to love.

Many hugs and much love,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Beth...

What a beautiful tribute to Bailey, and what a wonderful writer you are!! If you aren't writing professionally you definitely should. Your story made me laugh and cry; and as a former basset hound mom, I always hold a special place in my heart for them.

Take care of yourself, and am thinking about you..

Gina

Thank you, everyone....Gina, thank you...I don't write professionally but it is a release for me...

It was a hard day going to work, and if I didn't just miss 6 weeks post-surgery I would have stayed home...I only want to be home. Coming home was hard...I posted on the other thread about that...and I don't want to make you read my sad story all over again...I already feel like Debbie Downer...and I am sorry.

Thank you all for being here for me...I just can't even say how much my heart hurts...

I saved his blanket with his smell for Pallie and sniff it more than she does...I miss him more than anything....I'd do anything to bring him back, but healthy...I miss his soft ears and his big feet and that big black nose I would kiss right in the middle...I miss his warmth and his humming and his big gooey lips...

I just miss everything about him...I only hope he is with Scoobie...

I am having a hard time too bc for days after Scooter left I heard him barking and I was not dreaming or hallucinating...and I have heard nothing from Bailey...and I get these crazy thoughts like maybe he thought I didn't want him anymore...maybe he thought baby Pallie was to replace him...maybe he thought I was wanting to be rid of him....but there was and never will be another him...and none of that is true....but in my mind, I just need him to come back to me...I think I am crazy finally....or crazier....

Thank you all again....Love and hugs, Beth
    Basset hounds are like potato chips, you can't have just one!