Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buddy

Default Buddy

There are still times when the sadness is still so intense. I didn't grieve openly and pretended all was okay with those few people I told about Buddy's death. I even dropped his name from my signature just so I could keep his memory to myself. The people I work with only found out by accident months later by accident because I just couldn't bear to have people tell me they were sorry knowing they really had no idea how much he meant to me. Things were just getting back to normal when we lost Nelson.

Life goes on and Luke and Joey are a real joy, hard work sometimes but certainly worth it. Phoebe is doing ok but next month she will be 18 so I have to give her extra loving every day.

The days are flying by and in a few weeks it will be the first anniversary of Buddy crossing the bridge. Sometimes it seems like yesterday and other times a whole lifetime ago. I have finally disposed of the vial of insulin in the fridge and am planning on taking the syringes to the vet to be given to someone who needs them.

So thinking back on 2009 I will be glad to see the end of it and hope that 2010 is a happier year.

Jenny

Default Re: Buddy

Jenny, I understand what you are saying. I feel the same way since I lost my husband. Sometimes it does feel like it was yesterday, and at other times it feels like it was so long ago. Thank God for our furbabies that have helped us get through the sad times.

Take care. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Love and hugs,

Terri and (Angel) Corky

Dear Jenny. (((Hugs))).
    So thinking back on 2009 I will be glad to see the end of it and hope that 2010 is a happier year.
    I agree with you and pray we all have happier times ahead in 2010.

Thinking of you with love,

Shelba and Suni

Dear Jenny,

When I think of Buddy, I always think of white feathers drifting down, a thing of beauty, of peace and hope.

Hugs and love,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Jenny,

I very much understand -- you are in my thoughts. I agree, I am glad to see the end of this year.

Carol

Hi Jenny,

I still have four vials of insulin in the refrigerator almost a year and a half later and I think they will stay there for a long time. It's a little daily reminder of Chris and most of the time I find it comforting.

I happened to talk to the vet who let Chris go yesterday - probably the first time I've spoken to her since that day... and I have been in tears off and on ever since. We didn't talk about Chris but she is tied to him now always and to that last moment. I have always been grateful for her sensitivity and regard for Chris. And she was calling to ask us to help someone else whose dog has diabetes.

I love Jack with all my heart and I miss Chris desperately. I miss him at times when he and Jack are alike and at times when he and Jack are very different... I just miss him.

Sometimes it's easier and sometimes it's harder. I don't know if that balance will eventually shift more toward easier. It did after years and years with my cat Gandy, who grew up with me when I was first on my own as an adult. But it took a long long time to get to that point. Multiple years. The first year I couldn't talk about her to anyone without bursting into tears.

Natalie

(((((((((((bighugebuddyhugs))))))))))))

Love ya, Beth
    Basset hounds are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

Jenny; I know exactly what you mean about not telling people as they dont understand how much these friends mean to us. I was surprised at my work, my girlfriend told my co workers and I got so many sincere hugs, emails from them and from the ICU staff. I guess they did understand more than I gave them credit for. I guess If I loved my dog that much they can probably love theirs that much as well, and understood how much I was hurting.
    As Natalie said some days are easier some are harder. They leave such a vacant place in our hearts. Today I cried again when Kenai came up on the couch and cuddled in like Nike did. I know the raw pain goes away but the ache in my heart does not.
    Hope 2010 is better for all of us.
    Hugs from Me, Kenai and forever my giant angel Nike

Dear Jenny,

I read your post yesterday and wanted to respond but the tears started flowing and was at a total loss for words. I know, because of the place I am in, there are no real words of comfort for me, you Leslie, Glynda, Shelba, Beth, Carol, Bettina, Sharon, Steph, Natalie and so many others I can't name right now. The comfort I get is knowing I can share my feelings here in this group with others who totally understand the way I / we feel and knowing someone else really cares.

I think it was Marcela who has a tag line ""Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened" I think this rings so true for me and many of us.

I can only echo what Beth has posted...(bighugebuddyhugs)
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Have just come online after more than a week offline....thanks for this thread Jenny. Insulin had to leave our fridge and go into Lady's part of the kitchen cupboard as the fridge doors are open while it's unplugged. We're travelling right now.
    I still remember going on the internet last January in the public library in Elko, NV and reading of Buddy's passing. The people around me were very compassionate with my tears....I read about Mia's passing at the same time.
    Take care,
    Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel