Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In memory of my dearest Sophie

Default In memory of my dearest Sophie

I would just like to say thank you to this forum, I have found it very comforting at this sad time .My little Sophie passed on the 25th of this Month but it has been very difficult for me to come to terms with living without her, she was my world and I am lost without her kindness and love.

Default Re: Im memory of my dearest Sophie

Dear Anne,

I am so sorry that we meet under such sad circumstances but I am glad you find us worthy of sharing this time with you.

No matter the reason, to lose a soul that has meant so much in our lives is devastating, heart-wrenching. Each breath is painful, each tear like fire on the cheeks. We wonder how we can face the next second without them by our side, but somehow we do. In time, we are living minute by minute, then hour by hour, then day by day and the pain, tho ever present, is not quite as harsh. In time, those memories than bring only anguish now, will bring a smile through the tears. Then the day comes when we find ourselves laughing at those memories and we know the healing has begun.

Your sweet Sophie is watching over you with the same love and devotion the two of you always shared. She knows how much you love her and miss her, and she is showering you with her love. Sophie is running free and happy, well, whole, pain free and surrounded by our many babies that have gone before. When the time is right, she will be waiting at the Bridge for you and you will never be parted again.

Sophie's name has been added to our In Loving Memory list of babies lost in 2009 where she will be remembered and honored for all time. When you are ready, if you would like, it would be our pleasure to share in your memories of life with Sophie. You can post her story here anytime you are ready.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Our deepest sympathies,
    Leslie, Squirt, Ruby, Goldie, and Crystal

Beyond the Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
    I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
    I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
    Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
    Where meadows rich and beautiful--lush and green and wide!
    And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
    Where animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
    My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
    And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
    That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
    'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
    And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
    We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
    So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
    If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

C.G. 1995
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Dearest Anne,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Sophie, and from the picture you posted she was a precious and beautiful girl.

When God decides to give our furbabies their angel wings it is always to soon. They are so much more to us then just our pet, they are our best friend, our confidant, someone that loved us unconditionally and was always there to greet us at the door happily and we miss them and everything they did for us terribly.

The pain you are feeling, we understand and although mere words cannot lessen that pain please know we are here for you. I do hope that in time the good memories of Sophie will replace the tears that fall now.

I know you loved Sophie very much and she loved you, that unique and loving bond cannot be broken, so even though she is at Rainbow Bridge, I am sure she is watching over you.

Peace sweet Sophie.

With Heartfelt Sympathy,
    Lori

Dear Anne,

Like Leslie and Lori, I also want to tell you how very sorry I am that you have lost your sweet Sophie. But I also feel so honored that you have chosen to tell us about your girl. I am hoping that the time may come when you feel as if you are able to tell us more about your lives together. In that way, we can continue to join you in celebrating her life, and we may also be able to offer you comfort as you mourn her loss. There is no "timetable" involved whatsoever. It may be a day from now, or a week from now, or a month from now. But whenever the day may come that you feel as though you are ready to tell us more, we will consider it our privilege to listen.

In the meantime, many (((hugs))) to you -- always in loving memory of your dearest Sophie ~
    Marianne

We are here for you and with you. We can all empathize with you and many of us have felt the loss of our faithful friends and much loved companions. I hope you are finding the time to rejoice in the good memories of your Sophie whom you shall see again.
    Christy

Anne,

I happened to be online when you registered a week or so ago.

I have been wondering ever since about you and your pup and am so sorry to hear this news.

Thank you so much for telling us and please stay around.

We all send our prayers and best wishes to you and Sophie.

Scott

Hi Anne,
    I let my canine buddy go on Sept. 9 so I know about that lost feeling right now. So much of her story was on the other cushings forum that was shut down last April. I'm not ready to do a tribute yet...some day. At this time I wouldn't know where to start.
    It would be nice to know about your Sophie....she looked like such a gracious little lady.
    Please take care and remember to be very kind to yourself at this time.
    ((HUGS))
    Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Re: In memory of my dearest Sophie

Dearest Anne,

I surely hope you will stay with us and keep posting. I know for sure these coming weeks and months will continue to be difficult and your heart will truly ache and we are all here.

We will always remember your sweetie pie Sophie.
    ((((hugs))))
    Terry

Dear Anne,
    I am so sorry for your loss of Sophie. She was indeed a beautiful little girl. Their time on earth with us is always too short. I know little Sophie will be watching over you.

I also look forward to hearing and sharing your memories of your dear Sophie.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

I'm so sorry Anne. Losing your Heart Dog is the hardest thing on earth. I know many people are sympathetic and supportive, but there is no way to understand that whole in your heart in less you have one. For me it got worse before it got better (I lost my boy July 16th of this year). It has started to get a little better though - like a fog that has started to lift a little. I keep telling myself that it's the price of loving someone so much - which is truly an honor.

Here is a cool poem about letting dog's own our hearts that I thought was really sweet....

The Power of the Dog

THERE is sorrow enough in the natural way
    From men and women to fill our day;
    And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
    Why do we always arrange for more?
    Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
    Love unflinching that cannot lie—
    Perfect passion and worship fed
    By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
    Nevertheless it is hardly fair
    To risk your heart for a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
    Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
    And the vet's unspoken prescription runs
    To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
    Then you will find—it's your own affair—
    But . . . you've given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
    With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!).
    When the spirit that answered your every mood
    Is gone—wherever it goes—for good,
    You will discover how much you care,
    And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We've sorrow enough in the natural way,
    When it comes to burying Christian clay.
    Our loves are not given, but only lent,
    At compound interest of cent per cent.
    Though it is not always the case, I believe,
    That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve.
    For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
    A short-time loan is as bad as a long—
    So why in—Heaven (before we are there)
    Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

- Rudyard Kipling