Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Default Re: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Happy news I want to share!

Our youngest son is in the military, stationed on the other side of the country from us. He came home for the weekend and is leaving today to drive across the country with his girlfriend. She transferred to a new position in her company and will be staying with friends of my son in their guest room, as he is living in the barracks. They're taking her dog, an ~18 month old blue heeler, which will only add to the excitement of the trip.

I have requested they send me regular updates --- every time they stop for fuel, food, tourist activities (or any other time if they wish ). Of course, I'm going to be anxious but am trying to keep myself busy, and ever so hopeful they don't linger TOO long and get to their destination before my husband and I leave for our vacation next week.

They haven't actually left the house yet, but I'm at work so unless they stop by on their way out of town, they might as well have left already.

What an adventure they shall have!!! I'm SO excited for them and am looking forward to the updates!
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

First, let me thank your son for his military service, God bless Him!

OMGoodness, sounds like they are embarking on a great adventure! Would love to see pictures and hear about their escapade if possible! I'm so excited for them too!

Oh what fun! Prayers for a safe trip and continuous protection while serving our country.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

The kids have had quite the adventure already. Pass was closed due to a semi jackknife, so they took an alternate route. Spun 720 on the highway but were fine. Some time later, warning light came on and the car started smoking and revving really high. Got towed, car at the dealership and kids in a hotel for the night. Will find out tomorrow what's wrong. Hoping it can be fixed and get them back on the road quickly!!

Holy Cow. What a way to start a trip. And it will be a wonderful trip once they get the car sorted out.
    Hopefully it isn't anything too dire and will be easily fixed.
    Keep us updated!!!!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Next adventure for the kids will be renting a U-Haul with a tow dolly and towing the car the rest of the way. (Need to rebuild/buy new transmission but have neither the time to get that done nor trust in the car afterwards if they did!)

What a ride!!!

Yes, we've had trips like that! Those are the ones you never forget!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

I had a long email from my nephews wife, who went to the doctors appointments with my sister. Sobering to say the least. I think I am still processing everything. There are a few things that have to be determined first but the surgery for the lung cancer is scheduled for 19 June. Dependent upon everything else coming back clearing her for that surgery, mainly a heart issue (aortic stenosis), that if isn't signed off on, then they will need to do the heart (surgery?) or whatever they have to do to take care of that, prior to the lung surgery, so much is dependent on the tests scheduled between now and the 19th.

Once both those issues are addressed, then they have to look at whether there is a problem on her neck or if that is inflammation. Inflammation and Infection, both show up on PET scans.

My hubby had a kidney stone this weekend, which has made things a bit um..well not good around here. Men are not good with pain, not at all. Sorry guys but seriously something happens when men get pain that just doesn't seem to happen as much with women. He had one in August last year, which required emergency and morphine, so that one was worst than this experience has been for him. Thank god. Not sure he or I would survive that again.
    Strange thing too is that our neighbor and friend, has kidney stones too right now and so he and my hubby were on the phone Friday night comparing their pain. Really. I wanted to pour them both chocolate martinis and suggest bubble baths. LOL

Okay so my sense of humor hasn't totally abandoned me, but it is definitely feeling like a house within a pressure cooker right now.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Lol! My husband has had them too...Jesus!! What babies! Try pushing out an 8.5 baby!!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Amazing isn't it?! And they call US the weaker sex. LOL I know those stones hurt tho.... I saw my dad twist a pine ball off the solid post on their bed with his. He was holding on for dear life, too! I hope he is better soon and the tension passes quickly.

Prayers for your family as your nephew begins this journey. I hope all turns out the very best possible.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.