Thread: My Goo

Default My Goo

My apologies in advance to all who bother to read this....this is totally off the cuff with no editing, but it's about time I write my tribute to my girl.

Lucy...it all started about 14 years ago now. Remember? I was living on Vermont, and you suddenly appeared hanging out in our garages out back. I found out you followed the woman upstairs home one day, and the neighbors kept trying to convince me to take you. You looked so skinny and pathetic, so I would buy you treats, like pig's ears, which you loved, and other crap like that, but you were always so shy.

Then that 4th of July changed everything. I was on my way to a stupid party or something, and got in my car to leave, and suddenly you appeared, jumping up on my driver's side window with this desperate, panicked look, like "take me with you, goddamit." I brushed you off, was kind of annoyed and was thinking, I'm not gonna let this dog rain on my parade. Then as I got onto Vermont to head north onto Los Feliz, I glanced in my mirror and there you were, chasing after my car like a bat out hell.

It disturbed me so much that I called the LAPD while I was on the freeway and asked if they could "swing by" to make sure you were okay....to which they replied, laughingly, "the only thing we can do is call animal control." So I said forget it. Needless to say it was a miserable night.

However, when I returned there you were, waiting for me as I pulled into my garage, so I let you in for the first time that night. You jumped out of your skin you were so happy. And you did this weird, squinty eyed, grimacing mouth sort of thing, which I later found out from a dog trainer was you smiling

Shortly following that was the "What the hell am I gonna do with this animal" period....where you attacked everything and everyone that got near me, particularly males. That was awesome. It was a slow, socialization progress, but you eventually became semi-normal. Everyone that came in contact with you sensed that you were super intelligent, but I think you took it a bit too far sometimes.

However, for the next 13 years you were the light of my life....you gave me and so many other people so much laughter and joy I can't even begin to describe it here....you know what I'm talking about.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that horrible surgery, but it gave you another couple years, and you had such a will to live, that I had to do it. And I know you were so worried about me, and you came back so strong after that and recovered like a champ...you are and will always be my hero.

I think about you every day girlie, and I still hear you at night in this old house (I know that's you)...and I love you so much. I know that last day when you gave me that look it was time, but you were always so present, so there

I love you so much Goosie Girl.....Mamma....XOXO

Default Re: My Goo

Goo was an adorable dog and I could tell a very special one for sure!! You loved Goo very much and Goo loved you right back - I enjoyed reading your tribute - I know how much you miss Goo but thank God she showed up at your door - God brought her to a very speical person - remember you will always have the special memories in your heart ...........forever - keep remembering what a beautiful life you gave her!!
    xoxo Cindy & Penny

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Oh Gina,

Thank you for posting - your girl was sent to watch over you all these years and she still is. I was so warmed by how she came into your life.

((((((hugs))))) and always, always in loving memory of Lucy!
    Terry

Dear Gina,

Such a touching tribute to your Lucy Goo. The story of how you two came to be is so special - it's obvious to me she was there for you. I have a clear visual of Goo's smile - my Syra used to do that, too - and I know seeing it warmed your heart every time.

You are both heroes in my book; I will always admire your strength and courage, and be forever grateful for the path Lucy Goo helped forged for others to follow.

Cherish that Presence in your old house and know your Goo will never leave you, sweetie.

Thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

(((Huge Hugs, Gina)))

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. It really means a lot. Unfortunately as I write this my sister's dog is going to be put down shortly and it brings it all back for me. Turns out he had a grand mal seizure early this morning about 2 am and they ran tests and he has a brain tumor. I convinced my sister to go there by herself and spend time with him alone, even though she wanted to wait for her husband and kids to come home.

It's funny, I saw him on Saturday and instinctively I knew he didn't have much time left, but didn't want to freak her out. So I said my own little private goodbye....laid down on the floor with him and held his head. Isn't it funny how once we've been through this, we know when it's time.

God speed, Dino....now go find Lucy and I know she'll be the protective mamma for you, as she always was. Love you big guy

Oh Gina, your tribute to Lucy touches my heart, and I am so very sorry for this new loss of Dino. I am so glad you got to say goodby to Dino, though, and to tell him what a good boy he will always be.

What precious spirits, both of them.

Sending you so many hugs for the love and care that you shared with your Goo. And for the help and support that you have also shared so generously with our members here who are facing Lucy's same challenge.

Best wishes, always.
    Marianne

Ah, what to say? Many, Many HUGS to you.

Lynne, Angel Clyde and Angel Bailey

My Goosie Girl.....It's been over a year, and the pain is still there, sharp and fierce. Even though I got a new dog, your presence is overwhelming. I love you so much Gugenheimer. Went to see Dr. Bruyette today with Daisy for a first checkup.....he didn't charge me for today, and they all still think of you there. They've done 30 operations since you, and I thank you so much for going through that and being such a brave girl. I know you'll always be with me and I love you so much. Till we meet again my sweet Goo....I love you